For Philippine passport holder who wants to extend their 30-day visa on arrival in Thailand, here is a detailed guide on how to extend your visa! You can extend your visa for 7 up to 30 days for 1900 THB.
What you’ll need:
- Your Passport
- Your Departure Card
- 1,900 Baht
- One passport photo
- Copies of your passport’s front page/copies of declaration page, the page with your entrance stamp, and your departure card.
You can photocopy your documents inside the immigration office. Just follow the signs, it’s easy to spot. As a matter of fact, you can also eat, shop, and drink some coffee while inside the immigration office. There are ATM machines too, just in case you forgot to get some cash.
How to go to Thai Immigration Office
The Thai immigration office is located on Chaengwattana road. You can always take the taxi but here is the cheapest option:
- Take the BTS and get down at MO CHIT station. Exit at the Chatuchak market. Get on Bus #29 (8 THB) and ask the conductor to let you off on IT SQUARE. This is a big mall. There’s a free van going to the immigration office in front of IT SQUARE. They’re always there during office hours and you don’t even have to wait for passengers. Once we went in, they drove to the Immigration Office. (Tip: You can also ride this van back so watch out where they park)
- From Chatuchak, you can also get on bus #52 (8 THB) and go down at CAT TELECOM. From there, ride the motorcycle to the entrance of the immigration building (15-20 THB).
Address: No. 120 Mu 3 Chaeng Wattana Soi 7 Thung Song Hong, Laksi Bangkok 10210
Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM– 4:30 PM. Closed for lunchbreak from 12 NOON – 1 PM. Office closed on weekends and holidays
AT THE IMMIGRATION
- Go to the Immigration Division 1 room. Tell the counter that you want to extend your visa. They will give you the necessary forms to fill in.
- Then completing the form, go back to the counter and show them your documents. They’ll check it and they will give you a queue number. You can now proceed to the next room.
- Wait for your number, it will show on a big screen. Then proceed to your counter number. They will ask some questions then take your photocopies, passport and 1900 THB.
- Then you have to wait again for your name or number to be called and they’ll give you your passport with an additional 30-day tourist visa.
The whole process usually takes an hour unless you are cut off at lunch time. The process is very efficient and the officers are nice and helpful.
For other nationalities, you can also extend your THAI tourist visa if you are one of the nationalities who can get a 30-day tourist visa on arrival in Thailand.